Yep, you read that right! Aquabiking is proving to be one hell of an exciting workout taking over Dubai right now. One of the places that holds it is a lovely little studio developed within a villa called L’Atelier Aquafitness on Al Wasl Road. And because I’m not one to shy away from a little workout, I tried it. Here is a brief recount of my experience with Loreen, the amazing instructor there.
The facility in itself is very intimate in a pool with not many bikes. I was lucky enough to go to a class on the last day of 2016, so I got a lot of attention. My workout included a host of resistance training and a bit of HIIT. As you can probably see from my expression, I was dying a bit. Here is a look at it all.
A lot of the moves actually look harder than on the ground. Or I’m a wimp, you decide. Lel.
Here’s a video of the action, where I’m…well, dying. This is all for your amusement if you need it to be folks, but I assure you when you take the class at L’atelier aquafitness…you’re gonna feel the burn!
Here are a couple of things you need to know before you head over to L’Atelier Aquafitness:
- If it’s your first time, come atleast 20 minutes earlier so that you can get your orientation (which includes a fitting for your water shoes – complimentary on your first class, but something that can be purchased from the store for your later classes.)
- Please wear swimwear underneath and then water resistant clothes. You could wear tights or shorts, but keep in mind that cotton clothes are not allowed. I just wore the surf gear I got for myself from Bali which was from Quicksilver with a sports bra underneath. This workout is intense, you’re gonna need it…especially if you’re busty like I am.
- You need to shower both before and after the class.
- It’s a 45 minutes session, but it is pretty intense. I think if you suffer from previous injury, it is important to consult with both your doctor and trainer before you get in the pool.
- They have an amazing juice bar.
- This workout burns at least 600-700 calories per session.
- Water workouts are known to reduce cellulite! Which is sweeeeet, ‘coz the only dimples I like are the ones on my face.
- You will feel a whole lot lighter and capable of doing the workout as the water halves your weight.
- They host different levels of aquabiking, a session called CARDIO aquabiking, swing aquabiking and aquatraining.
- The pricing is as below:
Hope you enjoyed reading and watching my post guys!
Last day of the year, y’all! Yesterday, spent an hour at @latelieraquafitnessdubai #aquabiking for the first time! however, I’m not sore today because I discovered that the exercise was very low impact on my knees and back! The water massages your body during the workout and offers you resistance too! More on the blog soon..but till then head over to my instastories for a glimpse! Lately I’ve been trying to dive back into my exercise regime that I hope to continue in 2017. What are your New year’s resolutions? Also, will be announcing the #winner for my @yogalaviedubai #giveaway on my #instastories later today, so watch out for that. Hope everyone enjoys their #NYE! . . . . . #omnomnirvana #omwithme #om #wellness #exercise #workout #laterlieraquafitnessdubai #aquabikingdubai #fitfam #fitspo #thesweatlife #justdoit #heretocreate #seeababes #motivation #trainhard #noexcuses #youcandoit #getstrong #dubaifitnessblog #nopainnogain #fitspiration
Disclaimer: My session was offered as complimentary.